Send us your images
Dermatology is a visual specialty. Practically all skin conditions can be diagnosed by their appearance alone. In fact, much of the training to become a dermatologist is devoted to pattern recognition. This is how a dermatologist can identify subtle sun damage, find a potentially sinister mole hiding among many innocent ones, recognize early skin cancers etc.
At Revoderm.com, you can have your skin concerns reviewed by board certified Dermatologist Dr Ken Alanen who will come up with a formal evidence-based treatment plan for you. Your personal medical information is encrypted, safe and confidential. When necessary, prescriptions will be recommended as part of your therapeutic regimen; these can be sent directly to the pharmacy of your choice.
There are two basic types of teledermatology: Store and Forward (i.e. send us your images directly) and a Live Online Consultation. Many clinical studies have shown that both types of e-consulation are of very high quality and are associated with very high patient satisfaction. These are very convenient, safe and secure. All that you need is access to the internet.
Benefits of teledermatology include:
- Essentially immediate access to a sub-specialist; no more six month wait !
- Experience: Dr Alanen treated well over 100,000 patients in my career as a dermatologist
- No waiting for a referral - you don’t have to go to your General Practitioner or Family Doctor
- No waiting in the office - wherever you are, you are essentially “in” the office, as long as you have your smart phone and internet access
- You will be put onto an evidence - based skin care regimen.
- You can choose ANY pharmacy you want to use; the medication prescriptions are sent in directly by myself via secure e-fax
- Dr. Alanen has a very busy Doctor - to - Doctor telemedicine service; this has been operational for TEN YEARS; I am highly accustomed to performing telemedicine (over 10,000 cases have been done through this service, in fact). Experience matters...
If you find yourself snapping photos of that rash or changing mole or your wrinkles, why not send these images to an actual expert dermatologist? In most instances, dermatologists can make a highly accurate diagnosis and individualized treatment plan through this approach alone. This option is very convenient, inexpensive and is highly accurate. Any necessary prescriptions and skin care can ordinarily be put together by the expert dermatologist in a very quick (usually less than 48 hours) period. You don’t need an appointment – just upload your images through our secure portal. To start your consult, please have your images ready and click here.
Live Online Dermatology Consultation: book your video consultation
If you’d rather see the dermatologist “live”, you can arrange for a secure e-consultation. You can pick your appointment time do it from the convenience of your home (or wherever you want to be).
To book your online live consult, please have your images ready and click here...